Faiser Chief's Blog

The World of Fizzer (a.k.a. Cap'n Danger)

Sunday, March 12, 2006

12th March 2006 : Dive another day...


Another great day of diving I'm pleased to say, with one last surprise in store...
We head for the Muron Islands an hour boat trip from Exmouth. The group is quiet & subdued, but I'm happy because with the divemasters I like :-).

I dive with just Boardies & no wetsuit (cos I'm crazy like that ;-)!!) & use too much weight. No drama's though as I've learnt to breathe deeper to cope with this - wasteful on air though.





1st dive starts with some more white tip reef sharks - we spotted 4 in total today. 1 on its own I named billy "no mates". Swimming along I see a crowd of 4 divers. I'm naughty & leave our group to find a huge BULL RAY buried under the sand!!! Its pre-historic & is 2m in diameter I reckon!
My Dive master finds me, rolls his eyes & we are off again.

Wondering along for a bit we see Lionfish, schools of fish, another White tip (getting bored of them!) I am treated by the sight of a Wobbegong shark ascending to my left, of of no where. Its following the dive master. I'm slapping my hand to attreact his attention to no avail. He finally sees it as it settles on some rocks & coral. Never seen one swimming before - really cool! Its about 1.5m.

Just before we come out on the safety stop an inquisitive little Tail fin Batfish wonders around us coming within inches to say hello. Very cute. Ahhh!

2nd dive was just chilled with just a group of 3 white tips together - took off more weights so control was better. All in all another ace day. Into the Pot shots hotel for beer to end a perfect chilled day.
Off to Perth tomorrow for 1 day then back to London. Hopefully the next adventure will be documented here soon, but watch out for the photos which will be added.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home