Faiser Chief's Blog

The World of Fizzer (a.k.a. Cap'n Danger)

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Big Surf at Woolacombe!

So here I am in Ilfracombe again working at Superdrug. Ilfracombe is a 10 minute drive from Devons most beautiful beach, Woolacombe. I've scored a long term locum position here - Woo Hoo!!



The first week I got here the surf was real big, by the time the weekend came it had died down slightly but still massive - Look!


Believe it or not this head high set was one of the smaller waves that day...

Someone was airlifted from the beach that day. Goes to show you that surfing "out the back" really is safer than surfing whitewash.




Anyway, I was finding the "fast takeoff" a wee bit difficult to handle so I headed to Saunton which is a learners & long boarders beach where it was a tiny bit smaller but more importantly was a slower take off...

1 Comments:

Blogger G said...

Looks bloody beautiful mate! Wish I was there. Nice one scoring the beach job, those waves look sweet, better than it has been over here for a while (not that I have been able to go in yet grrrr)

Take it easy mate,

G

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home